06 July 2010

Round 2

I'm now in Waffensen, a small dorf of about 900 people outside of Hamburg.
I have 13 students between the ages of 11 and 14. Again, lots of middle school moments. There are 4 counselors working here, with a total of 47 kids. One counselor is running a circus camp, another a film camp and my friend Carmen and I are each running an Adventure Camp (camp without special effects)

Camp is going really well. It's exhausting being with middle schoolers from 9-5. I think the universemay be telling me that I have a future working with middle schoolers. Or maybe it just hates me. Either way, I am really enjoying working with the kids, despite the difficulties of pre-teendom.

I'll have to save some more stories for later, as I the computer I have to use is the size of a large microwave and incredibly slow.

But for now I'll leave with a short letter to Germany.


Dear Germany,

Stop with the potatoes. Seriously. They do not count as a vegetable. Try something with color.


Sincerely,
Phoebe


P.S. Greasy, fried potato pancakes with apple sauce is NOT a nutritious meal.

P.P.S. Ice cubes are not dessert




2 comments:

  1. haha, ice cubes, so healthful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any consolation, I am also with pre-teendom 9-5 everyday! wooo! pros and cons!

    I like it though. But it is hella hot here right now (literally, probably.) and it just sucks the energy out of everything. thankfully today we didn't go outside much. oi!

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete