21 June 2010

One Basement to House Us All

Turns out there are 14 counselors: 9 Amis, 3 Brits & 2 Aussies. We have transformed the basement into a bedroom, thoroughly littered with sleeping bags, pillows, backpacks and suitcases.

Training has officially begun. Mind you, when I say "training" I mean singing camp songs, painting team flags (I'm part of Team Friendship), and playing Zip Zap Zop. It has actually been a challenge trying to remember camp songs of old, even after all of those ripe years at Summer's Best Two Weeks and Basketball camp. Needless to say, training has not been strenuous, though we planned our first English lesson today.

Camp starts next week and I still don't know where I'll be headed. I should find out Saturday, though I have already put in a special request to work at horse back riding camp, seeing as I am an extremely experienced equestrienne.

I hope you enjoy the photos I put up of Michendorf and Potsdam.

If you're thinking about me, write me. I'll be able to receive mail (easily) from Michendorf for the next three weeks. After Michendorf we should be getting our apartment in Berlin. Though, I need to remember that nothing is for certain and I still don't really know what is going on or what is going to happen.

1 comment:

  1. i especially like the last line haha :) it's the life of a traveler. the photos are great! is that from your normal camera? go team friendship!

    ReplyDelete